Exceptional Stroke Rehabilitation
At The Grove of Evanston, our goal for our post-stroke patients is to help return them to their normal lives as much as possible.
A dynamic balance system allowing patients to push their limits while being safely supported. Patients can improve their standing tolerance, static and dynamic balance, and proprioceptive and kinesthetic awareness.
The Omnicycle is a motorized rehabilitation system that uses a “Smart Motor” to help patients exercise when they have limited strength and muscle control. The Omnicylce also provides measurable results which can help patients track their progress as well help them focus on specific areas.
For the Omnicycle we have a physiatrist that visits our facility as well as specialized nursing training to help you on your path to better health.
The “PENS” electrical stimulation unit provides gentle electric pulses to simulate normal coordination or firing patterns that occur between nerves and muscles. This helps with muscle re-education, to increase muscle strength and reduce muscle spasms and pain.
Traditional therapies include:
- Availability of educational resources
- Improved strength and mobility development
- One-on-one attention by trained rehab professionals
- Restoration of range of motion
- Training for safe mobility during daily activities
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies up to seven days a week